– Advertisement –
Knowing how to fix a hacked Android phone is very important because sometimes you might notice your Android device giving signs of a rapid malfunctioning maybe in some apps, and at times it might overheat or you get to receive unsolicited texts or calls. all of these could be signs of a hacked Android device.
Android OS is an open-source OS and that has made it possible for third-party to have access to one’s device only if you allow it. At times hacking might come from downloading unsafe Apps and Games from unknown sources, and that’s why it’s recommended you download from google play store or some of the best sites to download mod apk apps and games.
There are rare cases of an Android device getting hacked, but if you’re a victim whose phone has been hacked. In this article you’re reading on NaijaKnowHow, you’ll learn how to fix a hacked Android phone in 3 easy ways.
Signs of A Hacked Android Phone
Before you can conclude that your Android device has been hacked, there must have been signs that’ll tell you something is wrong with your device, while these signs are not one nor 3 but more than 4, we’ve highlighted the common signs that’ll let you know your Android device has been hacked.
The Primary signs of a hacked Android include the following:
- A rapid drain in the battery’s bar as a result of malware or faulty app.
- The processing of the phone becomes very slow as a result of malware interrupting the Operating system.
- Unusual activities on your online account as a result of hackers accessing your password.
- Strange calls or texts into your log or message box.
How To Fix A Hacked Android Phone in 4 Easy Ways
When fixing an Android device that has been hacked, there are easy ways you can do that. It’s not just an Android device that can get hacked, even computers get hacked. Facebook account gets hacked as well.
In order to fix a hacked Android phone, follow the 3 easy methods that are provided below.
Method 1: Remove Suspicious Apps
As stated above, some apps or games could be a virus or malware on your Android and the best way to go about fixing it is to delete the particular app responsible for the hack.
Most third-party apps app files could be harmful Trojans trying to steal their way through your Android device and when these apps start stealing your data, you’d have lost more than you can recover.
– Advertisement –
If the reason your Android device got hacked happened via downloading an unclean app or there’s a suspicious app you feel it’s causing your device to behave differently, use the steps below to remove suspicious apps from your Android device.
- On your Android device, open Settings, then scroll down and look for Apps.
- Tap on Apps, and click on the option that says See All Apps. This is where you’ll see all the apps you downloaded on your Android device, both system apps and even pre-installed apps like Google apps.
- Find the suspected app from the list of all apps you’re seeing. Once you’ve seen the apps, tap on the Uninstall button and then press OK for it to uninstall completely.
Method 2: Install Antivirus App
Antivirus apps should not be underestimated when it comes to fixing an Android device that has been hacked. Antivirus can help you restore your device back to normal and why it’s recommended to use antivirus because not only will it protect your Android device, but it will also run scans and help delete suspicious apps, files and anything that causes your Android device to break.
You can download any of the best antivirus apps out there, or install any of the ones recommended below.
– Advertisement –
Method 3: Remove Administrator’s Access.
If malware is installed on your phone and the software has Administrator’s access to your Android, there is a high chance of your device being hacked and if not removed, it will cause serious damage to your Android device.
Here’s how to fix a hacked Android device by removing administrators on Android phones.
- Open the Settings App on your Android device
- Scroll down and look for the options that say Screen and Security
- Now look for other Security Settings at the button of the screen, and click on Device Administrators.
- You’ll see a list of apps in this section, check for any suspicious app that you didn’t grant access to, click on the app and remove the Admin access on the app.
Method 4: Clear your Device Cache
At times when an Android device is hacked, you might see annoying ads coming up every time and even after using a series of ad-blocking apps, there’s no valid solution. One way around this is to clear your Android device cache, it’s another way to fix a hacked Android phone.
Follow the steps below to know how to fix a hacked Android phone by cleaning cache files that are stored on your Android device.
- Hold the Power button and Volume up button of your Android device (if it doesn’t work, then use the Power Button + Volume down button) to enter Recovery mode.
- Once you’re in recovery mode, you’ll see a list of options under Recovery Mode. Navigate to the part that says Wipe Device Data or something similar depending on the type of device you’re using.
- Under Wipe Device Data, click on Wipe Cache Partition and wait for it to complete, once done. Restart your device, that’s one of the ways to fix a hacked Android phone.
With the methods provided above, if your Android device ever gets hacked or is being hacked, the methods above offer a way to fix a hacked Android phone. Do feel free to leave a comment below.
More Useful Related Articles:
– Advertisement –